Board Certified Structural Integratorcm
Certified Pilates Instructor
I offer Soma Structural Integration and Pilates private instruction in my private studio, located in historic downtown Kent, WA. I also teach group Pilates classes on the equipment at Club Pilates Kent.
I studied Pilates and anatomy at Bodycenter Studios in Seattle, where I earned my Advanced Level STOTT PILATES® certification on the mat and all equipment. Today I continue to evolve my understanding of the Pilates method through ongoing training and personal study. I have been teaching private sessions and group classes since 2005.
After experiencing the Soma Structural Integration work myself, then watching as several of my Pilates clients went through it, I saw how its benefits and teachings dovetailed into my life and work. It was a natural progression to pursue my Structural Integration training at the Soma Institute of Neuromuscular Integration in Buckley, WA, where I graduated in early 2011.
I currently serve on the International Association of Structural Integrators (IASI) Board of Directors as Secretary, and am a Board Certified Structural IntegratorCM.
I enjoy discovering the endless ways in which both Pilates and Soma can enhance any body. I am grateful for the opportunity to guide clients in better understanding their own body, learning to own and improve their alignment and movement, and gradually re-connecting the mind, body and spirit.
Board Certified Structural IntegratorCM, Certified Advanced Soma Practitioner
- Foundation and Structural Integration Training (750 total hours), Graduated 02/2011
- Somassage® Training (34 hours) 06/2010
- Advanced Training I (50 hours) 09/2012
- Advanced Training II (50 hours) 09/2014
- Advanced Training w/Liz Stewart (16 hours) 07/2016
- Nerve and Artery Mobilization for Structural Integrators Module I with Kirstin Schumaker March 2014
- Nerve and Artery Mobilization for Structural Integrators Module II with Kirstin Schumaker April 2015
- Relieve Through Rolling with Kevin Lucas June 2015
- ScarWork with Sharon Wheeler July 2016
- Functional Methods Module 1 with Jeffrey Burch November 2017
Training and Continuing Education at Soma Institute of Neuromuscular Integration®, Buckley, WA:
Other Continuing Education:
Full STOTT PILATES Advanced Level Certification on Mat & All Equipment
Training and Continuing Education at Bodycenter Studios, Seattle, WA:
- STOTT PILATES Intensive Matwork Plus 07/2005
- STOTT PILATES Intensive Reformer 11/2006
- STOTT PILATES Intensive Cadillac, Chair & Barrels 08/2007
- STOTT PILATES Advanced Matwork 05/2006
- STOTT PILATES Advanced Reformer 06/2008
- STOTT PILATES Advanced Cadillac, Chair & Barrels 09/2008
- STOTT PILATES Injury & Special Populations 06/2011
- STOTT PILATES Crossover to Group Reformer 06/2012
- STOTT PILATES Reformer for the Older Adult 09/2013
- STOTT PILATES Armchair Pilates Plus 09/2013
- Foot & Ankle Workshop 2009
- Pilates for Functional and Structural Assymetry 2010
- Gait Analysis Workshop 09/2010
- Cervical Spine Workshop 11/2013
- ZEN•GA™ Instructor Foundation Course, Equipment, Level 1 09/2014
- ZEN•GA™ Fascial Fitness: Exploring the Arm Lines 02/2015
- STOTT PILATES® Programming on the Tower Trainer™ 09/2015
- STOTT PILATES® Scoliosis Management 11/2016
- Merrithew® Fascial Movement Foundation Course 11/2017